CanDo volunteers grow organic, local produce for the Napa Valley Food Bank. In 2014, a handful of volunteers took 853 pounds of fresh produce directly to the downtown Napa Food Pantry to share with neighbors in need.
By 2020 our donations to the CANV Food Bank had grown to 4,100 pounds. Total pounds of donated produce, 2014-2020, is 17,315 pounds! Our crew of dedicated volunteers numbers around 20. We’re in the garden at least three days per week, enjoying this beautiful growing space, each other’s company, and the knowledge that we’re helping ease food insecurity in our valley.
Partners & Donors
- Covenant Presbyterian Church
- Napa Valley Food Bank
- Master Gardeners of Napa County
- Napa Recycling and Waste Services
- Community Projects of Napa
- Napa Valley Community Foundation
- Home Depot
- Central Valley Building Supply
- Van Winden’s Garden Center and Landscaping Services
- Mid City Nursery
- Big Ranch Farms
- St. John’s Lutheran Mission Farm